Hello Mr. Askland!
I’m a high school student working on composing a few pieces of music to some scenes from movies. I am really interested in this career and I hope I can learn more about it by asking you, someone who is succesful in this field, some questions. Would you please take the time to answer them? I would really, really appreciate it.
1) What do you like most about your job?
2) Besides musical talent, what other skill would you say is vital to your work?
3) Why did you choose this career path?
4) Would you characterize your career as more of a job or a hobby? Why?
5) Which characteristic of yours would you say contributed the most to your success?
6) How would you rate the educational process you went through for your job based on difficulty?
7) What type of schooling helped you to achieve your career?
8) What is your work schedule like on an average week?
9) What are some important things you have learned during your career?
10) What would you recommend if I would like to follow this career path?
I apologize for the questions being repetitive, but I need 10 questions for an assignment for class
sorry, I know this is not the formal way of asking. (I have a deadline of 2 days to interview a musician)
Hi Lu Yang,
This is a really boring interview. Let’s call a spade a spade here. You don’t want to write it, I don’t want to answer it, and I doubt your teacher really wants to read it.
What’s the goal of your interview? If it is to interview a musician, then I give you permission to fill in my answers as you see fit. Then you will have the interview and fulfilled the task.
What is the context for the interview? Are you interested in pursuing music? If you’re just kind of thinking about doing it, then don’t do it. If you feel compelled from the depths of your soul to do it, then nothing I or anyone else can say will stop you. You will be driven by fanatical, unstoppable desire for art.
What class is the interview for? Is it for English? I know you just Googled a musician and wanted ten tidbits for the interview, but you caught me in a frisky mood and demand you make it fun for me to participate.